Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

Contrary to everything our liar of a President is trying to lay on us, the economy of this country is in the toilet. "They" say we may be heading for a recession. With millions of jobs outsourced, gasoline on its way to $4.00 a gallon, China controlling the major share and the village idiot casting covetous eyes at Iran I say we have been in a recession for two to three years and are actually heading for a depression.

God Bless America.

Oh, yes. Did I forget to mention the housing industry has ground to near a dead stop? Which means that our dream of building a home on this lot have been put on a shelf for now. If the condo sells this winter we might be able to start digging in the spring.

Oh, yes. Did I forget to mention Global Warming? The only way the condo will sell - this winter or any time - is if there is snow (it is, after all, in a ski resort.) Wasn't much snow last year. Too soon to tell this year, but if it's a global warming phenomenon then not only may we not see recreational snow, there may not be enough to recharge the aquifer and the chances of us getting a building permit are slim to none.

Just gets better and better, huh?

Am I cynical? Am I angry?

Damn straight.

I'm just grateful that I still have a teaching job (which I hate, but that's neither here nor there) and can continue to pay the mortgage, utilities and property taxes on all this stuff.

There, I feel better.

No comments: